Monday, September 16, 2013

48 hours in Brisbane

48 hours in Brisbane. This information appeared in http://www.ozehols.com.au/blog/queensland/48-hours-in-brisbane-2/

When a friend of mine invited me to go to Brisbane with him, I was excited because I was about to go somewhere I have never been before, but I honestly didn’t know what to expect. I knew that Brisbane was a big city, the third largest city in Australia and the capital of Queensland and that was about it. I didn’t know anything about the culture, the people and the life in general. If I had known then what I know now, I wouldn’t have waited for my friend to invite me in order to go. Instead, I would have visited Brisbane long before that because I really had an amazing time. Well, if planning to visit for a few days, there are plenty of short term accommodation Brisbane for you to select.

In Brisbane, I found out that that there are really a lot of people living there, over 2 million. The city represents a unique urban environment where everybody is surprisingly nice, which is something that you don’t expect in a city with that many people. As soon as I got there, it was also obvious that they had a rich culture and that art is something that is greatly appreciated. And the weather was, as I found out, absolutely perfect. In fact, it was so perfect that I actually considered moving there.

The things that make Brisbane such a fantastic city are the architecture of the buildings and the attractions that took my breath away. For example, the Wheel of Brisbane looks great and it gives its visitors an opportunity to get a spectacular view of the city. For a great view, you can also visit the Story Bridge, which is another amazing attraction.  I also visited Anzac Square War Memorial, with its unique look, representing memories of one important part of the city’s history. Other attractions include the Old Government House, St John’s Cathedral and many others.


However, a simple sightseeing tour and getting a glimpse of what the city looks like is only the beginning. The things that you can do in Brisbane are the things that will amaze you and leave you almost speechless. Visiting Southbank is an experience that you definitely cannot miss out on, not only because this is a beach in the middle of the city. My visit to the beach was perhaps the best part of my visit to Brisbane altogether. And one advice I can give you- always visit local web-sites that promote the city and through them to get information about the authentic restaurants and similar places. And use any type of promotions such as offering discounts and coupons so that you do not always have to pay full price, and that spare you a lot of money and time.

If you are a fan of animals, then there are two things which you must do while in Brisbane. Namely, you must visit the Australian zoo, where you can see kangaroos and koalas and you must go to Moreton Island where you can not only see dolphins, but you can actually feed them as well.
Finally, when it comes to food, drink and nightlife in Brisbane, things couldn’t be better. There are many great restaurants which serve all kinds of authentic Australian, Italian, Asian and many other types of food. The majority of wines that are offered in restaurants and bars are made somewhere in the region and they are really exceptional. Some of the best restaurants are Ortiga and Moda. The nightlife is especially exciting and the city’s (CBD – central business district) clubs and pubs are the right choice. It was one of my best nights out ever.

When everything is considered, Brisbane really seems to be one of the greatest cities I’ve ever visited. It is definitely a perfect place to visit and from what I have seen, it is also a perfect place where you can live. If you are planning a visit, you should check out holiday accommodation Brisbane including Brisbane hotels and Brisbane accommodation CBD offered by OzeHols.

Drop an email to info@OzeHols.com.au  if you are interested in receiving information on discounts, specials and deals offered by OzeHols.